|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Your an Astro Boy Addict WhenYou know your an Astro Boy addict when....
1. You dress yourself up (or someone else) as Astro Boy.
2. You run around in the house only in black spandex and red boots.
3. You jump out the window. Thinking you'll activate some kind of rockets.
4. You have an overflowing collection of Astro Boy stuff.
5. You think you can lift anything up.
6. You call your dad "Dr. Tenma".
7. You ask your parents if you can make a robotic brother in the basement.
8. You make your hair look like Astro's.
9. You watch the movie a thousand times.
10. You whisper "Buttguns" to your brother.
11. You scratch yourself to the point where your bleeding. Trying to see if your a robot.
12. You say every quote from the movie.
13. You sleep with your Astro Boy action figure.
14. Someone asked you which TV show is better, you answer "Astro Boy" everytime.
15. You look at your Astro Boy poster for an hour a day.
16. You think Astro Boy is cuter than any other character.
17. Someone says that Bumblebee from Transformers
Life is but a DreamWe are just unnourished frail bodies,
overfed with white lies and short-lived-euphorias.
Books filled with black letters,
etching lurid images into our utmost dreams.
Veering us from the big picture...
the one we fail to paint ourselves.
Our fists much too busy with fights,
that we are bound to lose.
Too occupied in line waiting,
for creativity to be let loose like a stray dog.
As if we will find home in this pursuit of happiness...
but we only enclose each other in small rooms
with nothing but old laptops.
How many times I've guessed which letter could it be...
Which letter could it be?
To free us from havoc-stricken-thoughts?
They come and go, unending like 24 hour subway stations.
There's no break for this lonely man,
heaving every breathe of stale air
into my overused lungs...
Living in confined walls of flesh
held up with brittle paper-mache bones.
Which day is it that I will burst out from this cage of a life?
And hover with the Gods found in carefully binded bo
Blood BrothersBrookie always holds my hand when we cross the street. She's never given a reason for it, she just does it. It's become this unspoken rule with us that whenever we cross the street together, she slips her hand in mine and I lace my fingers through hers and we walk hand-in-hand until we reach the other side and she drops her hand and we both wipe our palms on our jeans. Brookie's a little scared of crossing the street. Her poppa died in a car crash when we were six. He was a pedestrian. She's never gotten over it.
Brookie is my best friend going on sixteen years now, which is pretty impressive considering we're both sixteen. We don't have some cute little story about how we were born in the same hospital on the same day or about how our mothers were best friends long before they were pregnant with us and somehow passed on that bond while we were still in utero. No, Brookie and I met the same way ever
Keep in Touch!
A two-time Community Volunteer for the deviantART Related category, Anne is well-known as a positive, helpful force. She is the community's resident expert when it comes to CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), and her personal gallery offers a wide variety of tutorials for new and experienced coders alike. In addition, each winter she hosts a calendar project encouraging members to create Journal designs for all to use, bringing more creativity to the community.
It is with immense gratitude that we acknowledge Anne as the recipient of the Deviousness Award for October 2014. Read More