|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Your an Astro Boy Addict WhenYou know your an Astro Boy addict when....
1. You dress yourself up (or someone else) as Astro Boy.
2. You run around in the house only in black spandex and red boots.
3. You jump out the window. Thinking you'll activate some kind of rockets.
4. You have an overflowing collection of Astro Boy stuff.
5. You think you can lift anything up.
6. You call your dad "Dr. Tenma".
7. You ask your parents if you can make a robotic brother in the basement.
8. You make your hair look like Astro's.
9. You watch the movie a thousand times.
10. You whisper "Buttguns" to your brother.
11. You scratch yourself to the point where your bleeding. Trying to see if your a robot.
12. You say every quote from the movie.
13. You sleep with your Astro Boy action figure.
14. Someone asked you which TV show is better, you answer "Astro Boy" everytime.
15. You look at your Astro Boy poster for an hour a day.
16. You think Astro Boy is cuter than any other character.
17. Someone says that Bumblebee from Transformers
five.Five is the number of times you worry he’s stopped breathing, as the surgeons carve around his heart, twisting away the plaque ridden arteries, and pulling a vein out of his leg. Five is the number of heart wrenching hours you and your family were waiting in the hospital room, worried that your lives would crumble, that there would be five members of the family instead of six, that five days out of the week he would not come home for dinner, that five kisses from him would no longer be given to his wife and four children. Five was the amount of fingernails you bit off while watching people enter and exit the waiting room, and the amount of minutes your mother spent on the phone, explaining that something was wrong. Five is the critical difference between holding a father’s hand as your mother cries into his heart shaped pillow. The difference between rejoicing and smiling weakly because he’s okay or carrying your father’s American-flag-covered-casket and watchin
A Guide to Writing DialogueWhat is dialogue, exactly? The definition from Merriam-Webster’s dictionary was several lines long, so I shall summarize it in a short sentence for the sake of the readers; it’s the writing that illustrates conversations between two or more characters in a story. We read and hear it all around us, but creating it in your own work can be a challenge. However, if you find dialogue an obstacle in your writing, then don’t push the panic button. In this tutorial, you’ll find by analyzing what dialogue can do and how to use it, you can turn your greatest fear into your greatest ally in your story.
What dialogue is
Like I’ve asserted before, dialogue is basically what the characters are saying to each other. It can be found in multiple mediums such as books, movies, comics, video games, etc. We even engage in dialogue daily without even thinking. When you talk to your best friend, a co-worker, or even your dog, you create dialogue. It’s exchang
Keep in Touch!
Endorell-Taelos is very well known within the community for her selfless giving and gracious community spirit. Since joining DeviantART over seven years ago, Alicia has continued to make a positive impact on many deviants. Her helpful and thoughtful approach was one of her finest attributes when serving as a Community Volunteer, and this has continued throughout the many contests which Alicia provides on a regular basis. As we approach our Birthday celebrations, we can't... Read More